Here is sample of the activities from Alpha Poems & Twisters. Alpha Poems and Twisters is a 10 to 15 minute daily routine, to promote phonemic awareness and reading readiness. Using the tongue twister and poem for every letter of the alphabet your students will be able to:
• Recognize and name all the letters in the alphabet
• Initial sound recognition
• Middle sound recognition
• Final sound recognition
• Count, pronounce, and segment syllables in a word
• Identify and produce rhyming words
• Identify and read high frequency words
• Blend the sounds in a word
• Segment words
• Substitute a sound to make a different word
• Add an initial or final sound to a word to make
a different word
• Sound differentiation - promotes awareness of different sounds.
• Sound out nonsense words and replacing them
with the appropriate word - phonetic awareness.
• Use vocabulary that is fun and interesting words to enhance the students’ vocabulary.