Alpha and Beta Decay Practice
Get your students the alpha and beta decay practice they need as you learn about radioactive elements. There are multiple formats including card sorts and student handouts to meet the needs of your classroom; whether they need more guided practice or time to work independently.
The download includes:
- Alpha and Beta Decay Practice Instructions/Guidelines
- A brief Sulfur-38 reaction series to introduce reaction series to your students.
- Student handouts where students have to determine the elements involved in Uranium-235, Neptunium-237, and Thorium-232 decay.
- Small cards for the steps of the reaction series of Uranium-235, Neptunium-237, and Thorium-232 decay that students could work on in pairs or at review/practice stations.
- Large cards for the steps of the reaction series of Uranium-235, Neptunium-237, and Thorium-232 where each student is given a card and they have to move into the correct order.