PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This beginning sound alphabet flower activity helps students determine which letter is in the initial position of a word.
This set includes:
- Student directions sheet
- 26 different flowers. One flower for each letter of the alphabet. Each flower contains 6 petals, for a total of 156 petals total.
- Answer key for students to check if they matched the petals correctly
- Matching worksheet, with an answer key
Idea of this activity:
- The students will lay out the flower stems.
- They will lay out the flower petals in a pile so that they can see them.
- The students will the match the picture on the flower petals to the matching flower stem. For example, if they pick up a petal with a picture of a "bee", they will place that on the stem that has the letter "b" on it.
- If the students are unsure what the image on the petal is, they can flip it over, and view the partial word. So, for instance the word "bee" would have "_ ee" on the back of the petal as a hint.
- The students will place 6 petals on each stem. They will continue to match the pictures to the letter that is on the stem until there are no more petals left to sort.
Teacher Prep Needed:
-Prior to the students using this activity, you will need to print out all the petal pages, stem pages. You will then laminate all of the pages, and then cut out each of the pieces.
- Also print off enough of the worksheets for each student to use so they can show their learning after completing the activity.
Check out my apple alphabet sort if you enjoyed this item!
Enjoy! And thank you SO much for stopping by my TPT store
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.