This Alphabet Board Game - Cupcakes and Keywords, from Lil' Reading Scientists Literacy Solutions, helps preschool and kindergarten students to learn the alphabet letters, their sounds, and a keyword for each letter.
Learning keywords for the alphabet letters acts as an anchor, to help students remember the corresponding alphabet sounds. Students can more easily remember keywords than abstract sounds, and they learn to link the alphabet sound to the keyword.
Knowing keywords helps students when they begin word building, because they can recall the keyword for the letter, and then identify the sound.
This Kit includes:
1) 2 Game Boards (great for folder game)
2) 26 Alphabet Keyword Picture Cards
3) Cupcake Bonus Cards
4) Teacher Instructions
Uses for this Game:
1) Use as early morning work
2) Use as center work
3) Use for early finishers
4) Use in your Take Home Homework bags
5) Use for review and reinforcement of alphabet sounds
6) Use for independent work
7) Use during lunch or recess
The Lil' Reading Scientists Literacy Solutions Curriculum is based on the principles of The Orton Gillingham Approach!