Give your ESL/ ELL/ EFL/ EAL students a chance to strengthen their sounds, ABC's, vocabulary, and verbs with this all inclusive book project. Students will practice all areas of writing a sentence through this interactive and fun alphabet book project.
My main goal was to design a product to help support sound, vocabulary, and verb development for ELL newcomers. It’s an all in one product that will challenge your students to grow in multiple areas as they work through this book with you. After I did this with my newcomer EL’s here are a couple recommendations I have to make the most out of this product.
- When you first introduce this to your students, use 3 different color highlighters to demonstrate how to build sentences. I wanted my students to see how each component of the sentence comes together. You can see I used; Pink=Subject, Yellow= Verb, Blue= Noun. (Use pictures in the next pages as reference).
- The sentence spaces numbered 1 and 2 match the spaces 1 and 2 at the bottom. They draw a picture to match their sentence. Encourage your students in match their sentence to the picture exactly– Subject, verb and noun.
- ********No need to stick to my format, I included an editable version so you can differentiate for your students!********
List of verbs included:
- be (x2), have, go, say, know, get, make, do, think, take, see, come, want, look, use, find, give, tell, work, call, try, ask, need, fell, to become
Want more?? Check out the present tense version here!
Leaving feedback gives you TPT credits to use for future purchases! Thanks in advance!
Please make sure you are able to open this file type before purchasing.
- These products were created by ©ELL Breaking Barriers and are copyright protected.
- Download for individual/classroom use only. Please purchase additional licenses to share with collogues.
- Do not share or copy downloads. Products are not to be used for commercial use and by downloading the copyrights remain with ELL Breaking Barriers.
- This download contains copyrighted graphics. You may sell, redistribute, recreate, or use in your own commercial creations.
- Pictures of my product are allowed, with credit included & a link to my store.
****Resources you might like****
ESL Progress Monitoring, LISTENING, SPEAKING, WRITING K-5
Engaging Games and Activities
Teaching Character Traits
ELL Breaking Barriers