Alphabet cards beginning sounds pocket chart centers and materials for lots of great center opportunities to practice the beginning sounds for each letter. Over 350 word cards included! Each letter has at least 12 picture word cards (see the breakdown below) and there are a lot of great sorting mats for a ton of practice learning the alphabet and practicing words.
Grab this in the Alphabet Activities ULTIMATE BUNDLE
to save a bunch!
I also have these for all the phonics sounds in the
(This pack is not included in that bundle)
These go great with the Alphabet Writing Center Charts!
You can have students use the cards to sort words by what letter they start with, short or long vowel sound (mats for each included, ex: "Short A" and "Long A" mats are included), or spell out the words with the letter cards!
There are also a lot of other things you can do with these cards like I show in the above blog post. :)
* 12 picture words for each alphabet letter A-Z
- The 5 vowels each come with a bonus sheet of 6 words with the long sound (each vowel has 12 short vowel pictures like ant, apple and 6 long vowel pictures like alien, acorn)
- X is the only exception where there are only 6 words that start with X and then 12 words that end in X
* Sorting Mats ("Starts with a" through "Starts with z," "Starts with A" through "Starts with Z," "Long a," "Short a," "Long e," "Short e," "Long i," "Short i," "Long O," "Short O," "Long U," "Short U")
* Black letter cards to build the words with as well as an option for vowels in red.
Please note that the words are in a fun and cute kid font like all my other pocket chart centers rather than a font with perfect letter formation.
For more alphabet resources check out:
For more pocket charts with other sounds:
- Miss Giraffe