Working on the alphabet with your young ones? Use these fall themed abc or alphabet cards to help! These cards have a chalkboard fall themed backgrounds of acorns and oak leaves. This file includes the following:
26 upper case alphabet cards in b&w
26 lower case alphabet cards in b&w
26 picture cards in color
26 picture cards in b&w
18 blank cards (8 with the letter cards; 10 with the picture cards)
Simply choose the pages you want; print onto cardstock, laminate for durability and you are ready to roll!
Wondering how to use these? Try these ideas:
1. Match the upper case to the lower case cards.
2. Memory/Concentration Game. Name the letters as the cards are flipped over.
3. Trace - Place tracing or tissue paper over the cards and trace the letters.
4. Sort - Use the monkey, giraffe, chicken method to sort lower case letters. (Monkey letters have tails, giraffe letters are tall, and chicken letters are in between.) Or sort by round and straight. Or sort capitals and lower case. There's no wrong way - you just want them looking at and thinking about the letters.
5. Spread the cards all over the floor. Call out a letter and the kids jump on that letter.
6. Work together to arrange the cards in alphabetical order.
7. Match each card to the object card that starts with that letter.
8. Spell out sight words with them.
Pictures included on the picture cards: apple, bird, corn, deer. Eagle, fence, gourd, hay, indian, jack o’ lantern, key, leaf, mushroom, nuts, owl, pumpkin, quilt, raccoon, scarecrow, turkey, umpire, vase, web, fox, yam, zucchini
Find more fall fun here on TPT!
Celebrate Thanksiving Mini Book
Fall Themed Alphabet Cards
I Love Leaves Mini Book
I Can Count Leaves Mini Book
All About Leaves Mini Book
Fall Leaves Mini Book Bundle
Writing and Recognizing the Alphabet or ABC's Fall Edition
Counting and Writing Numbers 0 - 20 Fall Edition
Halloween Matching Number Cards Counting 1 to 10