Products in this Bundle (4)
Alphabet Curriculum to the rescue! Our Alphabet Curriculum is a low-prep bundle for EVERYTHING you'll need for teaching the alphabet through play-based activities.
This bundle focuses on letters, phonological awareness skills (pre-reading skills), and phonics. It uses a variety of science-backed teaching methods and developmentally appropriate learning materials in the form of fun games/activities that go beyond paper and pencil learning.
Each pack will be completed by the date listed below (all except the Letter Knowledge pack will be completed in 2022). I will increase the prices as I add new sections into each pack! I have kept the presale sale steeply discounted so you can test some of the material without hesitation.
The final price of this bundle will be around $80- $90.
You can get access to the entire bundle at presale price now and download new sections in the future when they are added for free. Just go to your "Purchases" tab on TPT and download again.
- Letter Knowledge 12/31/21 - valued at $25
- Literacy Centers 1/31/22 - valued at $20
- Phonological Awareness 2/28/22 - valued at $12
- Phonics 3/31/22 - valued at $15
- Learning in Context 4/30/22 - value TBD
- Letter Recognition
-Letter Mats (Do-a-Dot, Pom Pom Cover, Pokey Pin)
-Find and Color Sheets
-Letter Color and Cut Scissor Cutting Practice (Easy, Medium, Difficult)
-Letter Touch and Feel Cards
-Upper and Lowercase Crafts
- Upper/ Lowercase Differentiation
- Visual Discrimination Sensory Play
- Letter Sound
- Letter Writing
-Letter Tracing (Proper Path of Motion)
-Spatial Placement (Writing on Lines)
- Alphabet Order/Alphabetizing letters
- Letter Vocabulary
-Letter Vocabulary Mini-Zine/ Mini-book
- Letter Review:
-Letter Review Practice Page
- Short Vowel CVC word families
- Decodable high-frequency word/Sight words
- Irregular high-frequency word/Sight words
-Themed Dramatic Play
- Pocket Chart Cards
- Hands-on Letter activity mats
- Multi-sensory activities
- Movement activities
- Letter art/craft
- No-prep practice pages
- Poem: Phonics based
- Story: Character Education/Life Skill
- Alphabet assessment sheet
- Themed dramatic play material
- Sample Schedule for Teaching the Alphabet
- How to Teach the Alphabet User Guide
- UK/AUS letter formation and spelling versions of the pack
This bundle is good for Pre-K and/or Kinder or as extended practice material for grade 1 or 2.
While there is ample variety of activities for practicing each skill, all sections of a pack will be designed on the same pattern so your child can get into a learning rhythm- with increasing difficulty as required (e.g. in phonological awareness activities and phonics).
Also, this product is in creation mode (which is the messy middle before the good stuff is ready!). I appreciate your understanding as I iron out all kinks. This product is every bit true labor of my love for every single child of the world and for teaching. First and foremost I am testing it on my own children. Your feedback or special requests are also more than welcome at email@example.com. I will try to incorporate as many/much as possible.
As we all educate ourselves more about the less helpful ways of teaching (like memorizing hundreds of sights words!), I aim to adopt the better methods of Science of Reading and bring that learning to your child in easy and fun ways.
2. Fellow teacher/ mom, take this idea as your potential teaching-changing gift: teaching your child phonological awareness or pre-reading skills alongside letters and phonics is the best way to prevent reading struggles. Even with an M.A in Eng. Language & Lit. and 7 years of teaching experience, I wasted too much time teaching my own son to read through the 3 cueing system, i.e. guessing through pictures and context, putting a heavy focus on learning sight words, etc... but his struggles and more study taught me that guessing and memorizing aren't ''reading'' skills- what happens when there are no pictures in a book your child has to read, or no more space in the brain to rote memorize words by sight?? If I could go back, I would teach kids phonological awareness skills first thing! I would spend tons of time teaching the proper path of motion for writing a letter (because no teacher can undo a letter that grows from the ground up. That's your child's cute little hand's muscle memory against you!)
Take it from an experienced teacher and mom, going slow to solidify the basics, (like phonological awareness skills or like teaching the proper path of motion, etc) is the faster way to develop literacy foundations.
I sincerely hope you found this useful. I wish you good luck!
Don't forget to follow me for my freebie updates and special sales. Each new product I post is 50% off for the first 24 hours.
Did you know, if you leave a review for your purchased products on TpT, you earn store credit to use for future purchases!
Thanks for visiting my shop.