Also included in
- This Alphabet Activities Bundle gives you a variety of engaging alphabet activities to teach the alphabet, letter formation, and letter sounds. This bundle includes an alphabet wall display and alphabet flash cards, as well as a variety of ways to work on alphabet letter formation (including 2 alpha$22.50$30.25Save $7.75
- This mini alphabet activities bundle contains alphabet display cards and word wall alphabet flashcards, along with alphabet activity printables which will get your class using and referring to your word wall consistently - a habit which will support the development of early writing skills and confid$7.00$8.75Save $1.75
- This Alphabet and Early Digraph Activities MEGA Bundle gives you a huge variety of engaging alphabet and digraph activities to teach the alphabet, letter formation, and letter and digraph sounds. This bundle includes flashcards that will allow you to create both an alphabet and digraph Word Wall dis$29.00$40.25Save $11.25
- Use these alphabet and digraph flash cards to introduce letters of the alphabet, and then the SH CH TH WH PH CK and QU digraphs. Post these flash cards to your word wall for children to refer to and use the included alphabet and digraph printables to get your class using your alphabet and digraph wo$8.20$10.25Save $2.05
Use these alphabet flash cards to introduce each letter of the alphabet, post these flash cards to your word wall for children to refer to, and use the included alphabet printables to get your class using your alphabet word wall throughout the school year. These alphabet flashcards give you many different alphabet words for your word wall; the variety of words will support your children in learning the alphabet, as well as in their early writing. The alphabet printables that come with these alphabet flash cards will make setting up alphabet literacy station activities easy, as well as helping your class use your word wall effectively throughout the year, but especially during alphabet centers or literacy centers.
NOTE: this resource has been updated to include a variety of extra flashcards so that it coordinates with and supports the use of my Alphabet 3 in 1 'Would You Rather?' resource.
- Alphabet flashcards (word wall words)
- 12+ words/pictures for most letters
- Z has 9 words/pictures
- 5 different alphabet printables for centers or stations. With these printables, children use their alphabet word wall to:
- Write alphabet words & draw alphabet pictures
- Fill in Initial letter and letter words to complete a simple sentence (e.g., is for .), then draw a picture
- Fill in a letter word to complete a simple sentence (2 options): 1. 'This is a... and 2) 'I see a...'
- Write simple sentences independently using 4 alphabet words
For all printables there is a full page version, as well as smaller versions of the printables that can also be used. The smaller versions save photocopying once children are familiar with the task and can do some or all of the work in their jotters/notebooks.
I have posted the 'A' and 'S' flashcards as a FREE sample, so you can see what you are getting with the complete product.
These word wall words coordinate with my Alphabet poster, which are available FREE here).
For more Alphabet Resources:
If you like these alphabet flashcards & printables, and would like to have the same flashcards and printables for early digraphs (CH SH TH WH PH CK QU), you can find digraph flashcards here.
Early Digraph resources (including flashcards with printables):
This resource contains the following flashcards for each letter:
A: ant, apple, axe, animals, achoo, alligator, astronaut, airplane, ape, acorn, anchor, angry, angel, anteater, ambulance, apricot
B: boy, bed, big, bag, bug, blue, box, bus, bag, bees, bear, bench, boat, ball, bell, bike, books, bird, bananas, blueberries, building blocks, bubbles
C: cat, cow, cold, cage, car, cake, clock, crab, cup, camel, cry, cactus, card, corn, carrot, crayons, carnations, camera, computer
D: drum, dog, duck, dolphin, dice, deer, dinosaur, dance, donut, daisy, dress, doll, dominoes, diver, down, drink
E: egg, elbow, elephant, empty, elf, electrician, eleven, ear, eat, eel, equal, easel, ear muffs, eggplant, engine, eagle
F: fish, full, fan, frog, fire, four, five, fork, fly, feet, flag, fence, finger, flower, frown, farm, fire engine, frisbee, football
G: girl, goat, (nerf) gun, grass, ghost, gifts, goose, gate, glasses, game, grapes, glue, gloves, grapefruit, gum, gumdrops
H: hat, hen, ham, head, hair, hand, heart, house, horse, hive, hammer, hippo, helicopter, (doll) house, hula hoop, hot dog
I: ink, igloo, insect, in, internet, injury, iguana, ice, ice cream, iron, ice rink, icicles, island, ice skating, inchworm, iceberg
J: jam, jello, jog, jump, jet, jacket, juice, juggle, jelly beans, jug, janitor, jellyfish, jar, jigsaw, jump rope, jeep
K: kite, kitten, king, kiwi, key, kilt, kiss, kick, ketchup, kangaroo, koala, krill, kind, key lime pie, kindergarten, kettle
L: lick, lips, lady, lamp, lock, leg, log, lamb, leaf, letter, ladder, lemon, ladybird, light, lion, little, lettuce, lollipop, lobster
M: map, mat, men, mug, mud, moon, mom, map, moth, mask, math, maze, monkey, mouth, mouse, milk, man, medal, mittens, mashed potatoes, muffin, mango
N: noodles, night, neck, nail, now, nine, nest, nuts, nose, net, needle, notepad, numbers, nectarine, nickel, napkin
O: on, off, olives, ostrich, ox, octopus, octagon, open, orange, ocean, oval, over, old (on/off - box 'on a table'/ box 'off of a table'), orca, omelette, otter, oars
P: pig, pink, purple, paint, pizza, pipe, penguin, pencil, pail, panda, peacock, palm, painter, peach, pasta, pear
Q ('qu' are both highlighted in red as the initial sound on these flashcards): queen, quilt, quill, quiet, quit, quail, quack, quarter, quick, question, quad bike, quiz, queasy
R: rabbit, run, red, ring, rose, rain, rake, read, rug, racoon, robot, rocket, rainbow, rock, rope, roll
S: snake, sun, sad, Santa, seahorse, smile, stick, sausage, star, snail, spider, soap, scissors, spoon, square, starfish, six, seal, snowman
T: tree, train, tractor, turtle, tooth, tent, table, ten, tiger, two, tea pot, toucan, teddy, truck, telescope, taxi
U: up, umbrella, us, upset, under, underground, unhappy, unicorn, unicycle, uniform, ukulele, use, United States
V: van, vase, volcano, vet, Viking, vine, violin, visit, vulture, viper, vegetables, vampire bat, vacuum, valley, village, vinegar
W: wind, worm, water, walk, wall, whale, wheel, walrus, window, wing, whip, web, wash, watermelon, whistle, woman
X: x-ray, box, fox, mix, six, ox, axe, wax, text, sax, fix, pixie, relax
Y: yellow, yam, yes, yum, yell, yak, yarn, yo yo, yawn, young, yacht, yard, yoghurt
Z: zebra, zoo keeper, zero, zipper, zig zag, zombie, zoom, zoo, zucchini, zeppelin