- Alphabet Literacy Centers Activity Bundle for alphabet wall displays, learning the alphabet, alphabet letter formation, practicing initial sounds, early word recognition, pencil and scissor control, and fine motor skills. These low prep alphabet activities are made to work with JOLLY PHONICS (althou$15.75$22.50Save $6.75
- Product Description
Post these alphabet flashcards / word wall words on your Literacy Wall as you introduce new alphabet letters during literacy or phonics teaching. Then children can use the alphabet word wall words as they complete the printable activities during literacy or alphabet centers or stations.
The flashcards / word wall cards can also be part of your alphabet lesson plan: put the cards into a bag and let children pull them out one at a time. The class identifies each picture and the initial letter sound. Once identified by your class, the flashcards are posted to your 'Word Wall', where they can be used for a variety of alphabet activities throughout the week.
- a set of Alphabet flashcards (word wall words). There are 12+ words/pictures for most letters (K, Q, X, Y have 9 flashcards, and Z has 6).
- 4 different printables to turn into alphabet centers or work stations. These 4 printables have children refer to the alphabet word wall cards to:
1) Choose 4 alphabet words to write, then draw a picture
2) Fill in Initial letter and letter word (from the flashcards) to complete a simple sentence (e.g., if they are working on the letter 'D', they might complete the sentence: is for .), then draw a picture
3) Fill in a letter word (from a word wall card) to complete a simple sentence (e.g., If they are working on the letter 'C', they might complete the sentence: This is a .), then draw a picture. This printable comes in a vowel version ('an apple') and a consonant version ('a cat').
4) Choose 4 alphabet words and write simple sentences with them, then draw a picture (I use this printable later in the year, when children know some sight words that allow them to write simple sentences with their word wall words).
For all printables there is a full page version, as well as smaller versions of the printables that can also be used. The smaller versions save on photocopying once children are familiar with the task and can do some or all of the work in their jotters/notebooks.
Word Wall words are a third of a page each, so the words and pictures can be seen clearly. I have posted the 'A' and 'S' flashcards as a FREE sample, so you can see what you are getting with the complete product.
These word wall words coordinate with my Alphabet poster, which are available FREE here).
Having the flashcards for that week's letter(s) stay up on the wall all week gives children a variety of words to choose from when they are learning the alphabet sounds.
This resource works well with my Match, Cut, Trace and Glue Alphabet printables that you can find here.
This product contains the following flashcards for each letter:
A: ant, apple, axe, animals, achoo, alligator, astronaut, airplaine, ape, acorn, anchor, angry, angel
B: boy, bed, big, bag, bug, blue, box, bus, bag, bees, bear, bench, boat, ball, bell, bike, books, bird, bananas
C: cat, cow, cold, cage, car, cake, clock, crab, cup, camel, cry, cactus, card, corn, carrot, crayons
D: drum, dog, duck, dolphin, dice, deer, dinosaur, dance, donut, daisy, dress, doll, dominoes, diver, down, drink
E: egg, elbow, elephant, empty, elf, electrician, eleven, ear, eat, eel, equal, easel, ear muffs
F: fish, full, fan, frog, fire, four, five, fork, fly, feet, flag, fence, finger, flower, frown, farm
G: girl, goat, (nerf) gun, grass, ghost, gifts, goose, gate, glasses, game, grapes, glue, gloves
H: hat, hen, ham, head, hair, hand, heart, house, horse, hive, hammer, hippo, helicopter
I: ink, igloo, insect, in, internet, injury, iguana, ice, ice cream, iron, ice rink, icicles, island
J: jam, jello, jog, jump, jet, jacket, juice, juggle, jelly beans, jug, janitor, jellyfish, jar
K: kite, kitten, king, kiwi, key, kilt, kiss, kick, ketchup, kangaroo, koala, krill, kind
L: lick, lips, lady, lamp, lock, leg, log, lamb, leaf, letter, ladder, lemon, ladybird, light, lion, little
M: map, mat, men, mug, mud, moon, mom, map, moth, mask, math, maze, monkey, mouth, mouse, milk, man, medal, mittens
N: noodles, night, neck, nail, now, nine, nest, nuts, nose, net, needle, notepad, numbers
O: on, off, olives, ostrich, ox, octopus, octagon, open, orange, ocean, oval, over, old (on/off - box 'on a table'/ box 'off of a table'), orca
P: pig, pink, purple, paint, pizza, pipe, penguin, pencil, pail, panda, peacock, palm, painter
Q ('qu' are both highlighted in red as the initial sound on these flashcards): queen, quilt, quill, quiet, quit, quail, quack, quarter, quick, question
R: rabbit, run, red, ring, rose, rain, rake, read, rug, racoon, robot, rocket, rainbow
S: snake, sun, sad, Santa, seahorse, smile, stick, sausage, star, snail, spider, soap, scissors, spoon, square, starfish, six, seal, snowman
T: tree, train, tractor, turtle, tooth, tent, table, ten, tiger, two, tea pot, toucan, teddy
U: up, umbrella, us, upset, under, underground, unhappy, unicorn, unicycle, uniform, ukulele, use, United States
V: van, vase, volcano, vet, Viking, vine, violin, visit, vulture, viper, vegetables, vampire bat, vacuum
W: wind, worm, water, walk, wall, whale, wheel, walrus, window, wing, whip, web, wash, watermelon, whistle, woman
X: x-ray, box, fox, mix, six, ox, axe, wax, text, sax
Y: yellow, yam, yes, yum, yell, yak, yarn, yo yo, yawn, young
Z: zebra, zoo keeper, zero, zipper, zig zag, zombie, zoom