Products in this Bundle (2)
NOTE- This is a PowerPoint file. You must have PowerPoint unless you convert it to Google Slides first.
Only $1.50 per slide show!! Plus they come with recording sheets and Brag Tags!
Here is bundle containing 2 digital alphabet assessments (uppercase and lowercase), PLUS Fry sight word assessments that are perfect for grades K-1 reading assessments during distance learning. This will work great for any challenged learner who still needs to master automaticity of English's 26 letters and the first 100 Fry words.
How to use with online learning:
Share your screen or computer with a student and have them read and identify the alphabet letters and the first 100 Fry words that are grouped into 4 sections of 25 words. Just as you would normally do an assessment or running record, pull one kiddo aside to do part of the assessment while everyone else is on a muted microphone. Start with one student while having the other students complete other work like draw a self-portrait, draw in their journals, look at books, do a phonics worksheet, etc.. etc... One suggestion is to have them complete the letter houses for an Interactive Notebook or sort the picture cards in this Alphabet Sort 'n' More phonics resource.
How to use with in-class learning:
Open the PowerPoint on your device. Show it to one student at a time. Record their answers on the data recording sheet.
Uppercase slide show to use during distance learning
Lowercase slide show to use during distance learning
Slides of Fry Words #1-25
Slides of Fry Words #26-50
Slides of Fry Words #51-75
Slides of Fry Words #76-100
Progress-tracking forms to download
Brag Tag reward cards to print
Benefits of my Digital Alphabet reading Assessment:
1) It's paperless! Nothing to share except your device. Kids at home get their alphabet reading assessments and sight word reading assessments done!
Don't think that distance learning means that you can't assess students. Students at home can still be assessed, just like when you pull one student aside to do a running record. Mute everyone's mic except the one student that you are testing, and have the other students read a book, do a worksheet, draw a self-portrait or other work, for a few minutes while you listen to your designated student, just like when you are doing a running record. Don't do all 100 Fry Sight Word assessments in one day, and don't try to assess all the entire class on words or alphabet in one day. Just start with one per day and build from there. You got this!!
2) It's a whole-class reading activity, too!
How? These are slides. So, after your assessments are done, you can display the slides for the class as digital flashcards and teach your students just as you normally do with paper flashcards. Just click to advance to the next slide, or set the PPT to automatically run with about 3-5 seconds per slide.
3) Colored slide backgrounds are non-threatening. (Who is scared of words on pink or blue or green or purple backgrounds?!) Students will stay interested in finishing the slides, and not feel like they are being tested.
4) Some experts believe that colored backgrounds help dyslexic students see the shapes of the letters better, without letters bouncing around a white page.
5) This is a time saver with three words per slide, so teachers click through the entire alphabet in 9 slides and each group of 25 Fry words in 9 just slides!
6) Assessment forms for tracking student reading progress are included!! I've got you covered!
7) Every slide is numbered with the Fry word #, so you know how far along you are and how far left you have. Instead of putting numbers next to the words, which might be extremely distracting to a child, the numbers are small and in the top left corner, for teacher use.
8) Bonus- A page of 6 Super-kid Brag Tags is included for you to give your kiddos after they read the letters. Simply copy onto card stock and cut them out.
How awesome is this!
- Compared to other similar items on TpT, you get more value for your dollar on this product - all the alphabet letters in both cases, all 100 fry words, progress tracking sheets and you can use it for instruction when you would normally use paper flashcards.
Thanks for stopping by!
- FOLLOW my TpT store so you will find out when I have store sales and new products
- Earn credits toward other TpT purchases by rating products from your "MY PURCHASES" tab.
- To see all my store products, click on my store name- Brain-based Learning Hub.
- Let's connect on social media: Facebook & Pinterest