Do your students need practice with upper and lowercase letter recognition and sounds? This Alphabet Intervention resource will engage your students through fun alphabet books that expose them to each letter and its corresponding sound. Inside each of the alphabet books students will work on letter recognition and sounds, handwriting practice for each letter and phonological awareness skills and concepts. Through simple sentences using each letter, words with the target beginning sound and basic sight words your students will learn to recognize the letters, work on proper letter formation through the included handwriting practice and a target phonological awareness skill. In addition to the 26 alphabet books, this resource also includes a letter fluency activity, interactive letter hunts, alphabet cards and tips and ideas for hands-on alphabet centers. There’s also a one page teacher guide to walk you through how to use the many activities in this Alphabet Intervention resource. These activities are perfect whole class instruction, small group instruction, literacy centers, morning work and intervention or RTI. Your pre-k and kindergarten students will love learning the letters of the alphabet with this jam-packed alphabet intervention resource. The activities in this packet would also work well for students of any age struggling with the letters of the alphabet.
- A One Page Guide - demonstrating how I run this program
- 4 sets of Alphabet Flashcards for each letter - 2 sets of Uppercase and 2 sets of Lowercase (one set with handwriting lines and one set with dotted letters)
- 26 Alphabet Books (one for each letter) - that are set up to print front to back. Each book includes: pictures and words with the target sound, alphabet handwriting practice and phonological awareness skills
- Phonological Awareness Skills - ( in the alphabet books ) include - rhyming, syllables, beginning/middle/ending sounds in words, changing or omitting sounds in words to make a new word. Each book highlights a different skill in a specific progression ( from A to Z )
- Letter Hunts - 9 pages which allow students to highlight the focus letters
- Letter Fluency Book - 9 fluency pages and a cover that allow students to practice letter recognition and/or sounds quickly
- Seat Work Pages - 26 independent pages that allow students to find pictures that start with the focus letter that will assist with alphabet recognition
This Alphabet Intervention is set up to teach three letters a week for 9 weeks however there is lots of flexibility to use the program throughout the year as a review.
When you purchase this Alphabet Intervention you will see just how far your kids will go with letters, sounds and phonological skills. Click on the Preview to see more details!
Interested in just the Alphabet Books to go with an existing program?
Click here - Alphabet Books
Here is the letter Aa book for free Alphabet Book Letter Aa FREEBIE
Do you need a Handwriting Program too?
Click here - Handwriting Program
You also might love to have a Phonological Awareness Program!
Check that out in this bundle - Phonological Awareness Bundle