A Multiplex of activities to reinforce the letter A
Includes matching, reading, writing, tracing, acting, drawing, learning new words and vocabulary, and coloring to make a fun interactive experience. Use as part of your alphabet lessons! Use them as a center activity or a game!
1. Print and Cut out the Mats and Cards
HOW TO USE:
1. Students choose a card from the pile at random.
2. They then choose the card to the correct category on the mat
3. After they match it, they then finish the corresponding skill or activity on the worksheet. Details below.
Note: Students will repeat the "type" of activity/skill. (For instance, they do 4 "act it out" activities. As they do, direct them to add a card to the same pile.
1. Uppercase Letter : Match the picture with uppercase letter on the mat. Then color on the worksheet.
2. Lowercase : Match the picture card with lowercase letter on the mat. Then color on the worksheet.
3. I Can Read it: Cards that have a picture and word. Match to the mat and check off the box on the worksheet.
4. Trace It Uppercase: Match the card with the mat. Then Trace on the worksheet.
5. Trace It Lowercase: Match the card with the mat. Then Trace on the worksheet.
6. Write It Uppercase: Match the card with the mat. Then Students write the letter on their own on the worksheet.
7. Write It Lowercase: Match the card with the mat. Then Students write the letter on their own on the worksheet.
8. I Know It: If the student picks up a card with just the picture, they say what the image is. Then, they can draw one of the things they recognized on the worksheet.
9. I Can Act It Out: If a student picks up this card, they "act it out" and when they finish it, they can check off or color a number on the worksheet.
Ideas for Use:
* Kindergarten Literacy Center
* Preschool, First Grade
* Use printables as you teach words to the whole class
* Morning work
* Group Lessons
* Literacy Centers
* Individual Work
* ESL, EFL, ELL