Alphabet Letter Of The Week K
25 pages of common core aligned Letter K printables, 2 mp3’s and pocket chart word cards are included in this download. The "Letter K song" and "Letter K Rap" will engage students in acquiring their alphabet letter sounds together and create memorable learning experiences. In the "Letter K" rap there are phrases that allow the students to mimic the alphabet letter sound in unison, reinforcing the K sound in a fun way!
CLICK HERE to view the bundle for all the letters of the alphabet
******PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS LETTER OF THE WEEK RESOURCE HAS REPLACED TWEET MUSIC’S “ABC! COME RAP WITH ME!” IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY PURCHASED THIS LETTER FROM THAT SERIES YOU CAN SIMPLY GO TO “MY PURCHASES” AND UPDATE TO GET THIS BRAND NEW PACKAGE! PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME AT firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE PREVIOUS SERIES, AND YOUR PURCHASE OF THAT SERIES.**************
YOU CAN TRY "LET'S LEARN THE LETTER A" FOR FREE-JUST CLICK HERE!
1. The Letter K Song Lyrics Trifold and 2 MP3 Letter K Songs (1): Students can cut out their own tablet shaped lyric sheet and use to sing along to the “Letter K” song.
2. The Letter K Alphabet Card and Word Wall Cards (3): For your letter of the week classroom display, teachers can print out these cards for student reference and writing activities.
3. Let’s Print the Letter K (1): Your students will love this printing worksheet for mastering their handwriting and once completed they can color and cut out a Letter K bracelet!
4. Let’s Practice Uppercase/Lowercase K (2): Extra printing practice sheets have been included for your writing stations.
5. Let’s Write the Letter K (1): Students are to add the Letter K to the K picture words.
6. Let’s Color the K Words (1): Students are to find and color all the words that start with the Letter K.
7. Let’s Spin the Letter K (1): In this popular activity, students are to use a pencil and a paperclip to make a spinner and then graph uppercase and lowercase K’s.
8. Let’s Find the Letter K (1): Students will learn to discriminate between different styles of writing by following all the different styled Letter A’s in the maze with a bingo dabber.
9. Let’s Sort the Letter K (1): Students will learn to distinguish between words that start with the Letter K sound, and words that don’t, by cutting out the picture pieces and sorting them into the two categories.
10. Let’s Group the Letter K (1): Students will learn to distinguish between uppercase and lowercase K’s by sorting the two letters into two groups in this cut and paste activity.
11. Let’s Draw Letter K Pictures (1): Students will have to rely upon their letter sound knowledge to create their own Letter K pictures.
12. Let’s Make a Letter K Crown (2): Your students will love making their own Letter K crowns in this activity.
13. Letter K Popcorn Words (3): In this interactive notebook activity, students will cut out a popcorn box template and attach it to another page to create a “popcorn pocket”.
14. Letter K Bracelets (1): Additional letter bracelets have been included in this pack for teachers that are not using the printing practice pages.
15. Letter K Foldable Booklet (1): A mini foldable reader has been included for students to take home and share their new letter sound with their parents, family and friends.
16. Show and Tell Activity (1): On this worksheet you will find a Show and Tell Activity for students to take home. Students are asked to find an item in their homes that start with the Letter K, and to write 3 clues about the object so that they can play a guessing game with classmates during show and tell time.
These alphabet activities are ideal for your preschool or kindergarten class, as well as ESL and ELL students.
Find other letter of the week packages by following the links below:
Let's Learn The Letter B
Let's Learn The Letter C
Let's Learn The Letter D
Let's Learn The Letter E
Let's Learn The Letter F
Let's Learn The Letter G
Let's Learn The Letter H
Let's Learn The Letter I
Let's Learn The Letter J
Let's Learn The Letter K
Let's Learn The Letter L
Let's Learn The Letter M
Let's Learn The Letter N
Let's Learn The Letter O
Let's Learn The Letter P
Let's Learn The Letter Q
Let's Learn The Letter R
Let's Learn The Letter S
Let's Learn The Letter T
Let's Learn The Letter U
Let's Learn The Letter V
Let's Learn The Letter W
Let's Learn The Letter X
Let's Learn The Letter Y
Let's Learn The Letter Z
This resource is compatible with Common Core Standards, including:
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3a Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.1d Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
If you find this resource valuable, I would love some feedback. I made my own recordings all with the assistance of my piano, my ipad, my creativity and a microphone☺
Copyright © 2013 Tweet Resources. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only.