This ABC set includes a two-minute video that teaches all letters, basic sounds, and examples, followed by a quick 30-second song that reviews letter sounds. You'll also get differentiated ABC charts:
1. A full-color version that includes letters, examples, and words
2. A full-color chart with letters and examples only
3. A black-and-white version with letters, examples, and words
4. A full-color chart with letters and examples only
In addition, you'll get links to the 2 different videos on Vimeo, where you can stream and download them (for classroom use only).
My phonics songs were piloted with a group of 80 teachers and 1500 students in the year 1999 to ensure maximum effectiveness in the classroom--and I have been modifying them based on action research and responses from other teachers world-wide ever since. Pronunciations are based on a well-respected, research-based program called Orton Gillingham.
If you're interested in all this and much MORE, please preview my 200 page GIANT ABC BUNDLE, available here
These chants support the following Common Core State Standards:
Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllable words.
Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
I tell children to "Learn something new every time you sing." Ways to encourage this are:
1. Just watch and sing!
2. Ask, "What do you notice?" after a song. Children will point out understandings--or misunderstandings--based on their individual levels as they learn from the whole class.
3. Ask children to point to the chart as the songs play.
4. Ask one child to point to a projected version of the chart as the songs play. The class can watch as the child points.
5. Ask children to chant the songs without the music, using their charts.
6. Use the structure of the chant to review any alphabet chart.
Note that these videos are part of my Phonics Time COMPLETE set: Please click HERE
. This set includes:
1. Access to all videos--to stream and download.
2. All 31 mp3 songs
3. An illustrated 35-page student lyric book
4. A 28-page teacher's guide including an introduction to phonics; teaching ideas to implement before, during, and after playing songs; and 3 quick assessments
5. Any "extras" that come with individual files on TpT
6. Access to my website, where I've featured all 31 videos along with simple lesson ideas on one convenient page.
***Please follow me at "Miss Jenny and Edutunes."
If you are 100% satisfied with this product, please give it 100% positive ratings. If you are EVER less than 100% satisfied with any of my products, I will do whatever I can to make you happy--Including giving you a full refund. Feel free to e-mail me anytime through this site, or at email@example.com.
I hope this helps your class! Thanks so much for trying it, and for giving me your valuable feedback.