This ABC set includes a two-minute video that teaches all letters, basic sounds, and examples, followed by a quick 30-second song that reviews letter sounds. You'll also get differentiated ABC charts:
1. A full-color version that includes letters, examples, and words
2. A full-color chart with letters and examples only
3. A black-and-white version with letters, examples, and words
4. A full-color chart with letters and examples only
In addition, you'll get links to the 2 different videos on Vimeo, where you can stream and download them (for classroom use only).
If you're interested in all this and much MORE, please preview my 200 page GIANT ABC BUNDLE, available here
These chants support the following Common Core State Standards:
Recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
Demonstrate basic knowledge of one-to-one letter-sound correspondences by producing the primary sound or many of the most frequent sounds for each consonant.
Isolate and pronounce initial, medial vowel, and final sounds (phonemes) in spoken single-syllable words.
Segment spoken single-syllable words into their complete sequence of individual sounds (phonemes).
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
I tell children to "Learn something new every time you sing." Ways to encourage this are:
1. Just watch and sing!
2. Ask, "What do you notice?" after a song. Children will point out understandings--or misunderstandings--based on their individual levels as they learn from the whole class.
3. Ask children to point to the chart as the songs play.
4. Ask one child to point to a projected version of the chart as the songs play. The class can watch as the child points.
5. Ask children to chant the songs without the music, using their charts.
6. Use the structure of the chant to review any alphabet chart.
You may also like the 27-song "Phonics Time" DVD
Here is a link to the matching 27-songs, 64-page "Phonics Time" CD-Book Set
***Please follow me at "Miss Jenny and Edutunes."
If you are 100% satisfied with this product, please give it 100% positive ratings. If you are EVER less than 100% satisfied with any of my products, I will do whatever I can to make you happy--Including giving you a full refund. Feel free to e-mail me anytime through this site, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope this helps your class! Thanks so much for trying it, and for giving me your valuable feedback.