Also included in
- Designed by an occupational therapist, these 104 Alphabet Action Cards help children become familiar with all 26 letters while participating in fine motor and gross motor movement activities, for all four seasons! Models for both upper and lower case letters are provided for each letter. Two version$12.00$16.00Save $4.00
Designed by an occupational therapist, these Alphabet Action Cards help children become familiar with all 26 letters while participating in fine motor and gross motor movement activities, all spring-themed! Models for both upper and lower case letters are provided for each letter.
Two versions of the cards are provided:
1- Four cards per page: This allows teachers, staff, or therapists to carry cards easily. Laminate them and keep them handy for when you want to use them!
2- Two cards per page: These larger versions makes it easier for all kids to see them. Post them on the wall!
Why Use Alphabet Action Cards?
1- MOVEMENT IMPROVES FOCUS: Exercise releases dopamine and dopamine improves focus and sustained attention.
2- MOVEMENT MAY ENHANCE COGNITION: Movement stimulates the thinking parts of the brain. Research suggests that exercise helps cognitive function.
3- MOVEMENT REDUCES STRESS: In 2013, Finnish researchers studied children: Half of them exercised and half of them did not. Those who exercised were found to have lower stress.
4- MOVEMENT IS HEALTHY FOR KIDS’ BODIES: A wealth of research shows that children who exercise have stronger muscles and bones, less chance of diabetes, and lower blood pressure.
5- MOVEMENT BOOSTS MOOD: Research in the Journal, Pediatrics, showed that six-year-olds who did a moderate exercise program showed fewer depressive symptoms (Zahl et al 2017).
When Can I Use These Cards?
* Use as a quick break from learning.
* Use while children are waiting in line.
* Use before teaching a lesson.
* Use when children can’t go out for recess.
* Use when a child struggles with certain letters.
* Use to help kids improve physical coordination.
* Use when you teach about the seasons.
* Use at meeting time.
* Use before centers.
* Use when kids seem overly energetic.
* Use when children seem tired.
Follow me, Lisa Marnell, an occupational therapist, on FACEBOOK for the latest in learning and skill development!
Visit my website at KIDS MASTER SKILLS for skill-building activities and information on the latest research on child development and learning!
Also, check out HANDWRITING HELP FOR KIDS to learn more about the skills children need to succeed with handwriting!
To be notified when new products are posted, Follow My TPT Store, KIDS MASTER SKILLS!