This pack contains 48 Alphabet Mystery Puzzles, 8 each for 6 different spelling patterns. Your kids will LOVE solving the "mystery" by using colorful pictures that correspond to each letter of the alphabet, and spelling different words using the beginning sounds from those pictures! Here's what you get...
1. cvc alphabet puzzles-set 1: bat, leg, mix, hop, cub, jam, red, wig
2. cvc alphabet puzzles-set 2: fog, nut mad, hen, pin, rot, bug, cap
3. ccvc alphabet puzzles: crab, swim, drip, frog, flat, stop, sled, plum
4. cvcc alphabet puzzles: mask, pond, help, nest, silk, pond, ramp, wink
5. digraph alphabet puzzles: bath, shut, whip, rich, thin, fish, whiz, chip
6. magic "e" alphabet puzzles: gate, pine, rose, cube, bake, ride, note, huge
A set of "super star" lower case letters to spell out mystery puzzles
2-sided recording sheets for each set of puzzles
-spell the word and illustrate
-Write 5 "juicy" sentences using 5 of the mystery words
Here are directions for using this center:
Laminate and cut out alphabet puzzles and lower case letters for durability. Place each set in a baggy. Instruct students to spell out each mystery word with the star letters by using the beginning sound of each picture and placing the corresponding letter in the space underneath each picture. After spelling each word, students can record their work on the provided worksheet. To extend this activity, students can use 5 of the mystery words to write 5 juicy sentences!
Your kiddos will love it!
Thanks so much!