This pack contains 64 Sight Word Alphabet Mystery Puzzles, 16 puzzles each for the pre-primer, primer, first, and second grade DOLCH words.
Your kids will LOVE solving the "mystery" by using colorful pictures that correspond to each letter of the alphabet, and spelling different words using the beginning sounds from those pictures! Here's what you get...
1. sight word puzzles-set 1 (pre-primer): the, and, you, for, can, see, not, big
2. sight word puzzles-set 2 (pre-primer): said, come, jump, here, make, play, find
3. sight word puzzles-set 3 (primer): was, she, did, get, are, ran, who, our
4. sight word puzzles-set 4 (primer): they, with, have, what, this, went, ride, good
5. sight word puzzles-set 5 (first): him, her, ask, how, old, let, fly, has
6. sight word puzzles-set 6 (first): some, then, when, from, take, stop, give, once
7. sight word puzzles-set 7 (second): very, your, call, wash, been, tell, does, made
8. sight word puzzles-set 8 (second): gave, fast, both, read, best, upon, sing, wish
9. Set of “super star” lower case letters to spell out mystery puzzles
10. 2-sided recording sheets for each set of puzzles
-spell the word using letters and write word in box
-Write 8 “juicy” sentences using the mystery words
Here are directions for using this center:
Laminate and cut out alphabet puzzles and lower case letters for durability. Place each set in a baggy. Instruct students to spell out each mystery sight word with the star letters by using the beginning sound of each picture and placing the corresponding letter in the space underneath each picture. After spelling each sight word, students can record their work on the provided worksheet. To extend this activity, students can use the mystery sight words to write 8 juicy sentences!
Your kiddos will love it!
Thanks so much!