Alphabet Play Dough Mats with Correct Letter Formation and Beginning Sound Pictures
About this book:
This book contains a TWO different kinds of sets of alphabet play dough mats with correct letter formation and beginning sounds pictures for upper and lower case letters. The mats are available to print with a colored background.
Directions for use:
To prepare the play dough mats for use, print the pages you wish to use and laminate them for durability. Children roll long snake dough pieces and use them to form the letters on the cards.
Other uses for these cards include:
1. Tracing cards - children can use their fingers to practice letter formation, or a dry-erase marker if you laminate the cards.
2. Alphabet floor puzzles - children place the letters in order.
3. Alphabet floor match - children match the lower case letter to the upper case letter.
4. Beginning sound sorting floor mats - children sort items on top of the correct beginning letter.
5. Memory - print 2 copies and you can play a giant matching game! Turn the cards upside down and children take turns in flipping over 2 cards - if it’s a match, the child keeps the cards, if not, the cards are turned upside down again. Game play continues until all the cards have been matched. The child with the most pairs wins!