These Alphabet Books and Play Dough Mats encourage children to practice correct letter formation, beginning sounds and pre-primer Dolch sight words.
PURCHASE AS PART OF AN ALPHABET BUNDLE:
if you're looking for lots of different kinds of alphabet activities in one discounted pack!
• Page 3: Alphabet book cover
• Page 4-38: black and white version
• Page 39-73: partially colored version
• Page 74-108: fully colored version
- To make a book simply print the cover page plus alphabet pages and staple together.
- For play dough mats simply laminate the pages or put them in protective sleeves.
- Children make snakes with their play dough then form the letters.
- Then they can write the word below using dry erase markers and practice reading any sight words on the top
1. Double-check which version you want to use
• no color
• partial color
• lots of color
2. Also check which letter formation pages you wish to use.
• I have included stroke variations or an altered font for letters J, K, M, N, R, U, V, W and Y as they can be taught differently.
• All Pre-Primer Dolch words are included.
No time for play dough? Have children trace the words with their fingers, a fancy pointer or dry erase marker. Cover the letters with tiny pom poms or stars.
Please check the preview for a closer look at this product.
If you have any questions regarding this product please type your question into my Ask a Question tab, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more ideas and freebies please visit my blog, Liz’s Early Learning Spot.
I wish you happy teaching and learning!
ALL PRODUCTS 50% OFF FOR THE FIRST 48 HOURS.
Click on the star above to follow me and keep posted on new products.
Other Play Dough Products
CVC Play Dough Mats: 105 CVC Words + 11 Nonsense Words to Make and Write
Playdough Mats: Numbers and Counting
Transport Mats: play dough, reading, writing and syllables
FREE CVC Transport Mats for play dough and driving
Five Little Ducks and Their Feelings: Teaching About Emotions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License