Alphabet Play Dough Mats D'Nealian
Alphabet Play Dough Mats D'Nealian with Correct Letter Formation and Pictures
Print font Play Dough packet is available here!
About this book:
This book contains a set of alphabet play dough mats with correct formation and beginning sounds pictures for upper and lower case letters. The mats are available to print with a colored background or with a white background. Formation variations have been included for certain letters.
Directions for use:
To prepare the play dough mats for use, print the pages you wish to use and laminate them for durability. Children roll long snake dough pieces and use them to form the letters on the cards.
While my aim in creating this sight words unit was for it to be used play dough, there are other uses for the cards, such as:
1. Tracing cards - children can use their fingers to practice letter formation, or a dry-erase marker if you laminate the cards.
2. Alphabet floor puzzles - children place the letters in order.
3. Alphabet floor match - children match the lower case letter to the upper case letter.
4. Beginning sound sorting floor mats - children sort items on top of the correct beginning letter.
5. Find-the-pair game - print 2 copies and you can play a giant matching game! Turn the cards upside down and children take turns in flipping over 2 cards - if it’s a match, the child keeps the cards, if not, the cards are turned upside down again. Game play continues until all the cards have been matched. The child with the most pairs wins!
Happy Teaching :)
If you like this resource, you may also like:
Numbers (0-20) with correct formation and ten frames
Alphabet with Correct Letter Formation (no pictures)
Numbers with Correct Number Formation
Dolch Sight Words with Lines
Colors with Pictures
Phonics Special Sounds with Pictures
Or, if you need even more play dough mats, whether it be Seasonal and/or Thematic, be sure to check our all my Play Dough mats here!!
Play Dough | Play Doh | Play Dough Mats | Play Dough Alphabet | Play Dough Handwriting | Play Dough Fine Motor | Play Dough Beginning Sounds | Play Dough Activities | Play Dough Games | Play Dough Printables |