Be sure that you have an application to open
this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
1 MB|15 pages
Alphabet Poke Cards for Handwriting and Fine Motor Practice
A fun way to practice handwriting. Kids love to poke the holes! One dot is darker to cue the starting point of the letter. Print out multiple copies of the letter cards. Store in a pencil box! Add a piece of craft foam and a puncher! The student places the letter card over the craft foam. Next, the student punches the letter.
This activity also works on fine motor skills. It is best to encourage a tripod grasp when holding a puncher. A therapeutic adaptation for adapting a puncher to promote a tripod grasp, is included in the file. When using a tripod grasp, with the thumb in flexion, this activity is the perfect strengthening activity for the muscles that hold a pencil!
Ideas for a puncher:
1. golf tee
2. golf tee adapted with a grip (described in the file)
3. corn cob holder with one prong cut off and the other prong filed dull
4. corn cob holder adapted with a grip (described in the file)
5. push pin
6. a sharp pencil works too!
Created by Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR from The Handwriting Clinic in Richardson, Texas. This file is a favorite activity of her kiddos at the clinic!
This file is also part of my HANDWRITING EVERYTHING bundle!
Become a follower of The Fine Motor Store for news of sales, freebies and new products:
• Click on the green star next to The Fine Motor Store logo. You will receive email updates about this store!
Earn TPT credit toward future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page. Simply click on the Provide Feedback button to give a quick rating and short comment for your purchases. You earn TPT credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I always read and appreciate customer feedback!
My Teacher's Pay Teachers store:
The Fine Motor Store