This is a collection of activity pages reviewing the upper and lower letters of the alphabet, for young children. This set can be used with a Community Helper or Careers unit.
I have added an extra facet to these simple activity printables, by introducing a Community Helper beginning with each of the letters. This can motivate a discussion of workers in our neighborhood, and the occupations that the children’s parents have.
Kids love to imagine what they might be when they grow up. Point out some of those occupations in this packet. Remind them that there are many other jobs that people can have, and they may change their minds many times before they grow up. Use the last page in the packet for the children to draw their career dreams.
- Recognize and read the letter in the box, in its upper and lower case form.
- Talk about the relationship between the letter and the community helper - it is the letter/sound of the helper.
- Find all the featured letters in the row of letters – color or stamp them.
- Trace the letters.
- Decorate the large letters.
- Recognize the initial sound picture, and name it. Say the sound, if it is known.
- Color the community helper illustrations if desired.