I have uploaded a teaching resource which can be used in conjunction with my other resources on the alphabet.
This educational material contains structured teaching of the alphabet.
Learning objectives are to develop children's knowledge of upper and lower letters of the alphabet and begin to learn alphabetical order.
- Editable detailed Lesson Plan includes lesson starter, main lesson and whole class activities and plenary.
- PowerPoint Presentation on the alphabet (letters float in as you click through the slides)
- Upper and lower case alphabet flash cards (Sassoon font)
- Editable set of flash cards
- Washing line alphabet activity
- Gap-filling alphabet strips (upper and lower case letters)
- Blank alphabet strips
- Upper and lower case letters to be cut out for extra activities
Students are introduced to capital/upper and lower case letters, recite the alphabet, to know that the capital ‘A’ and lower case ‘a’ have the same sound.
Briefly: Washing line activity - questions marks are placed where there should be either a capital letter or a lower case letter. Students are given a selection of laminated flash card letters and have to decide whether the letter they have should go where the question mark is.
Reinforcement of what the students have learnt: There is a selection of alphabet gap-fill strips ranging from easy to challenging.
- Cut out the gap-filling alphabet strips and stick into workbooks; and/or
- Laminate for continuous use with dry-wipe pens.
- There are 26 upper and lower letters for the students to cut out each time you focus on a letter. The students draw or stick pictures around a letter that begin with the same letter sound.
File Type: Word and Pdf. contained in a zip file.
You are welcome to leave feedback and gain TpT credits. Hope you find this resource useful.