The aim of the product is to develop your students’ ability to recognize letters of the alphabet, both lower-case and upper-case. It is great as a game for developing phonics skills, phonemic awareness in small group literacy centers. You might use beanbags or even send it home as homework to use with Nerf darts!
Each letter is worth a different amount between 1 and 5, with harder to learn letters (d, b, p, q, etc) worth 5 points and easier to learn letters (s, c, etc) worth 1 point.
I designed these targets after chatting with a student’s mother about how we could engage him in his learning. He was struggling to learn the alphabet.
The goal is to target specific letters for struggling students.
The pack consists of:
• 1 x set of lower-case targets with numerical values assigned to each letter.
• 1 x set of upper-case targets with numerical values assigned to each letter.
• 1 x lower-case record sheet to record student progress and to identify which letters will be the focus.
• 1 x upper-case record sheet to record student progress and to identify which letters will be the focus.
How To Use This Product
• Laminate each sheet. There is no need to cut them out if you want to save time.
• Complete an assessment to determine which letters need to be targeted.
• Stick/hang the targeted letters up for students to use as target practice. You may put it on a dart board, use beanbags, Nerf guns, wads of paper, etc!
• Ask the student to add up their points. They then challenge themselves to beat their score.
You might also be interested in:
• Alphabet / Beginning Sound Bingo
• Spot It, Dot It
• Alphabet Wheels
• Follow Little Wombats on Facebook