This product contains Teacher Notes and the following for room visuals, activities and resource centers:-
• Aa to Zz friezes (labeled and unlabeled pictures).
Laminate and punch holes and thread through with a string to hang around the classroom or peg onto a washing line across a wall.
Aa – Zz word strips and related pictures
• Laminate and cut out and place in resource center
• Students trace over the initial dotted letter with dry-wipe pen
Alphabet cards to be printed off as many times as you require, laminate and cut out.
• students can play alphabet snap.
• Match up - Match lower case letters to upper case letters.
• Other games – lay out 4 or 5 letters in alphabetical order, e.g. k, l, m, n, o, cover them over. Take a letter away without the students seeing and ask which letter is missing.
Practice writing frames using Sassoon dotted font
• These are in upper and lower cases. Each one should be laminated.
• After focusing on e.g. ‘t’, students can practice writing over the dots and then without the dots on the line.
Alphabet Mat Practice (trace over dotted letters)
• Photocopy these and laminate
• Students can keep it in their own trays
• Can be laminated and blu tac to the wall in the writing/reading/book corner.
• Can be used to assess a student's phonic progress - name and sound out the letters
Alphabet Pictures Games
• The pictures represent the start of a letter e.g. ‘g’ for grasshopper. The pictures are not in alphabetical order so students have to look for the picture that begins with that letter.
• Enlarge the A4 size sheet to A3 and the sheet with the alphabet.
• Laminate the Alphabet Pictures sheet
• Laminate the Alphabet sheet then cut out each letter tile for use with Alphabet Pictures.
• Students can play in pairs. A timer can be set to make the game more fun.
• A student asks his/her partner to find the picture beginning with ‘s’. The other student picks out one of the letters and places it over that picture on the Alphabet Picture Mat.
File type: Pdf files
Thanks for stopping by my store:)
Remember you can collect TpT credits by leaving feedback, if you have the time.