The Alphabet Song an Orff Ensemble. This is a great way to introduce counting in 4/4, solfa syllables or note names.
Mallet 1 - Soprano
Mallet 2 - Alto
Mallet 3 - Bass
1. Turn on a metronome and set to 70 BPM. Have students tap a steady beat, then clap through the Mallet 1 part to review counting quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rests.
2. Sing through the solfa syllables as written in the Mallet 2 part.
3. Tap the instrument bars while singing through the note names as written in the Mallet 3 part.
4. Play through the song on the instruments of your choice.
5. Add non-pitched percussion parts with various instruments or body percussion.
The original Alphabet song is public domain. This is not my original composition. This is a transcription that may be used to teach rhythm, sight reading, music alphabet, solfa syllables etc.
Don't forget to leave a review to earn credits towards future purchases in any store.