The Alphabet Song transcribed for sight singing or an Orff Ensemble. Written in three parts: Mallet 1 - Soprano, Mallet 2 - Alto and Mallet 3 - Bass. This is a great way to review counting in 4/4, solfa syllables or note names.
1. Turn on a metronome and set to 70 BPM. Have students tap a steady beat, then clap through the Mallet 1 part to review counting quarter notes, eighth notes, and quarter rests.
2. Sing through the solfa syllables as written in the Mallet 2 part.
3. Tap the instrument bars while singing through the note names as written in the Mallet 3 part.
4. Play through the song on the instruments of your choice.
5. Add non pitched percussion parts with various instruments or body percussion.
The original Alphabet song is public domain. This is not my original composition. This is a transcription that may be used to teach rhythm, sight reading, music alphabet, solfa syllables etc.