Our “Flowers And Plants ABC” mini Unit Study is a fun and engaging way to introduce your students to 4 different plants that surround them using the first 4 letters of the alphabet. Many of the flowers and plants are very easy to locate in North America, but I added a few exotic plants that are a fun way to learn about other regions of the world!
With this unit your young explorers will learn basic concepts and vocabulary of the plant world and science. It combines lessons in science, language arts, geography, and math.
Simply take one week per plant to really get to know and love each plant. If possible take a walk and go on a flower hunt at the playground, a local park, botanical garden, nature center or in simply in your neighborhood and backyard!
This printable no prep unit contains everything for you to easily allow your students create their own comprehensive "Plants ABC” journal. A cover page is provided in this unit.
Little explorers are sure to remember and make meaningful memories with the class!
The Unit includes:
- Vocabulary (Definitions for underlined words)
- Letter and plant names tracing work sheets
- Name-Picture match cards
- Word Search Games
- Printable large color ABC Plant classroom posters
- Literature suggestions to read along with each plant
- Short copy or dictation work sheet for each Letter (facts about the flower/plant)
- Coloring sheets for each Letter
- Suggestions for activities
- Acorn and Oak leaves to frame
- Prompts for students to draw the plants in their nature journal
- Index with page numbers for easy reference