Thank you so much for purchasing this Alternate Methods for Estimating Area Under a Curve Spiral Homework! Spiral Homework is homework that includes problems from previous lessons. If your students are anything like mine, then it seems like when new concepts are taught, old ones are forgotten! In my experience, the hardest part of the AP exam for students is that it’s comprehensive. Since I started using Spiral Homework, I’ve noticed that when we review before the AP exam, I’m having to do a lot less re-teaching of old concepts.
I use this homework after teaching Estimating Area Using Rectangles and Alternate Methods for Estimating Area. Topics include:
• Estimating the area under a curve using the Right Hand Rule, the Left Hand Rule, and the Midpoint Rule.
• Estimating the area under a curve using the trapezoidal rule
• Estimating the area under a curve using inscribed rectangles
• Evaluating Definite Integrals
• Determining if a definite integral represents area under a curve
• Using the definition of an integral as the limit of a Riemann sum.