Here is another great alternative to a traditional book report. "One Pagers" are a condensed version of the important aspects of a book that incorporates in-depth analysis and artistic/creative aspects. This can be used in literature circles, novel studies or short stories.
Your students will:
- Make and explain text connections with supporting evidence
- Select and explain important or impactful quotes from the book
- Provide a summary of the plot elements
- Write a character analysis including how the character changed throughout the book
- Create illustrations, borders, word clusters which represent the important aspects of the book
- Leave NO EMPTY SPACE on the page (additional options are included for students who are quick to finish but have not filled the entire page)
My students LOVED this project! It is simple and easy to grade, but includes multiple opportunities for students to deeply analyze important aspects of the book. This can be assigned as an ongoing assignment and can be worked on WHILE READING the book. I printed this double sided on heavier weight legal sized paper so students had the directions on one side and completed the assignment on the opposite side. A student checklist is included so they can be sure that they have not missed any important aspects of the assignment prior to handing in.
* Assignment, Scoring Rubric, Student Checklist and Work Samples included! *