Also included in
- Early Literacy Bundle - collection of Kindergarten and First Grade early literacy resources! 18 resources are now included. This bundle includes:my top selling Personal Alphabet Book kit - ideally a teacher or ECE run center15 Reader Sets (14 of which are Sight-Word-Stages Readers, color with diffe$40.95$58.50Save $17.55
This fun reading log / journal is a great alternative to the traditional reading log. Created for beginning readers, it is 12 months (with a choice of themes to use for October, November, December, April and August) for children to share a picture of a story they like and someone they like to read with. There is also a reflective piece in a four - part visual checklist on the monthly page, (new month pages with 4 weeks each is now also an option), and single strips are also provided separately:
✔Do I fit reading into my life most days?
✔Do I look at books and listen to stories about things that I am interested in, enjoy and make me laugh?
✔Am I responsible for getting my reading materials to and from school?
✔Do I get ready for bed on time to hear a story?
Having a fun, alternative reading log is ideal for setting a positive tone for homework and reading early in your students’ academic careers! I like using the monthly page as part of the special helper's oral language opportunities.
Enjoy this alternative Reading Log for early readers!
Here is a blog post about Reading Logs in Kindergarten and First Grade - rejigged! if you would like more information!
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback.
Save with bundles!This product is also available in:
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
- Calendar numbers | Summer, Baseball, Soccer, 2D shapes, Back to School theme
- The Kissing Hand - FREE printable follow-ups to ease separation anxiety!
- Kindergarten Starter Bundle, including
- Kindness bulletin board and picture book lessons
- Visual Schedule, centers cards and more!
- Kindergarten Prep Pack (stop/go sign for washroom door, journal and reading folder covers, home reading notes, playground safety posters, letter formation mats)
- Kindergarten Dismissal Posters, tags and coloring pages!
- Kindergarten Crowns - for celebrating special occasions! (and to help us learn student names of the first day of school!)
- School Bus Name Practice Craftivity (a fun craft that becomes a hands-on game for students to practice putting the letters in their name in order, at school, then at home!)
- Feelings & emotions visuals for kindergarten, early primary (Educlips Graphics)
- Feelings Visuals - Posters, Emotions Scales, Self-Regulation Strategies
- Feelings Emotions Bingo - grades 2-5
- Learning Buddies Starter Pack!
- Cars and Trucks Sight-word levelled readers and activities
- First Grade Kindergarten Reading Bundle
- Sight Word Emergent Readers bundle
- Save the Sight Words! [Smart Phone Box card game]
- Say it, clap it, toss it! Syllable (and now, season option) sorting fun!
- The Kindergarten / 1st Grade Alternative Reading Log! A 12 month, flexible Reading Log alternative promoting joy and ownership!
- Dealing With Feelings Story Collection included in New, up and coming best seller: The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! (Best deal - all future #DWF TpT products will be added here!)
- Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year! (formerly The Reading Buddy Starter Pack!)
- The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
☆Followers’ Fave FREEBIES!☆
- Free Sight Word Game Sample (Smart phone box)
- 10 page Back to School FREE literacy sampler!
- Dealing With Feelings: FREE SAMPLE Line Art Storybook lesson
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Alternative Reading Log
- FREE: How to make familiar reading fun for kids - Handout for parents and volunteers!
- The Top Three Reading Prompts Bookmarks - Free!
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv B Reader
Thank you for visiting my store! Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at ThatFunReadingTeacher@gmail.com.
Pop by for a visit on:
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Log in and go to your My Purchases page. Click the Provide Feedback button, where you will be linked to the page to leave a rating and short comment for the product.
Be the first to know about my new products, discounts and freebies:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive email updates about ThatFunReadingTeacher on TpT!
Kindergarten Reading Log | Alternative Reading Log | Reading memory book | Reading Memory Book | Fun Reading Logs | Reading Record | Reading Log for early readers | Reading Response sheet | reading journal | Distance Learning