Non-Tradtional Social Studies and Life Skill Lesson Plans which is called Think to Live comes in a series for ecomonically and socially disadvatantaged students who find it difficult to work in the traditional learning environment.The Think to Live series comes in the form of urban spoken word poetry and an urban short fiction stories based on real life situations. Critical questions are given for each lesson. These questions guide the student to the establishment of sound moral character and personal responsibility and mental development Think to Live has a proven track record of success in community centers and non-traditional schools and accomplishes the following:
* Teaches the student how to rise above negative emotions such as anger, envy, violence,uncontolled sex, immaturity, and arrogance.
* Speaks to the student on his/her level of understanding.
* Uses real life sencerios.
* Spoken word poetry which captures the student's attention without the use of profanity.
* Teaches the controversial side of American History which is not included in most American History text.
These lesson plans are only for teachers who are not afraid to use non-trational methods that work and expose the complete nature of American History the negative as well as the positive.