Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.06 MB | 5 pages
This experiment allows the students to investigate and follow the eight steps of the engineering design process while trying to create aluminum boats that will hold the greatest amount of marbles.
You will be able to witness students following the eight steps of the design process:
1. Identify the Need or Problem
2. Research the Need or Problem
3. Develop Possible Solutions
4. Select the Best Possible Solutions
5. Construct a Prototype
6. Test and Evaluate the Solution
7. Communicate the Solution
This lesson will not only teach students to think creatively, but will also allow them to work on their reasoning skills while in a group setting. This activity also correlates with Science standards over:
• The Engineering Design Process
• Surface Area