This story called "Álvaro tiene un problema," is based on the song/video "La Cintura" by Álvaro Soler. Click here to see the video. Please preview the video before purchasing.
The story makes the video seem very sweet, as Alvaro's problem is that he doesn't know how to dance, but he gets help from his friends.
The story also includes lines and vocabulary from the song, so that it will be more comprehensible when they hear it.
This product also includes the following:
- *A lot* of suggestions about how to teach this mini-unit
- The story script that can be edited
- PQA that can be used before telling the story
- A possible vocabulary list
- A link to a Quizlet set with the vocabulary
- A cloze activity with the story
- Two cloze activities with the song (one with English translation, and one without)
- Cierto/Falso sentences to review the story and/or play a game
- A link to textivate with a wide variety of activities to review the story
- A link to a Quizizz with comprehension questions
- A link to a Kahoot Jumble
- A possible reading or listening assessment: Who is it? and Who would say it?
- A possible writing assessment (a summary with a twist)
All of this is shared in PDF form, with a link to the Google Doc version, so you can make a copy and EDIT everything for your needs.
NOTE: I used this in my Spanish 1 class at the end of the semester. They were purely CI so they were used to stories like this and had acquired a lot of language. BUT, this story and song could be used at ANY level, as it is always good to review! Also, the structure "se burla" is repeated a lot in the story, and they might be a structure that Spanish 2/3 don't know yet.