The Amazing Crystals Unit provides a comprehensive introduction to the study of crystals.
This comprehensive unit includes the following:
- An outline of activities for students.
- Outline of assessment for each of the abovementioned activities.
- Resource list
- Unit outline
- Students Workbook:
-- What is a crystal?
-- The seven different types of crystal shapes
-- How do crystals form?
-- The science behind how crystals form
-- Factors affecting crystal growth
-- How do we grow crystals?
-- Using Alum to seed a crystal
-- Creating crystals with other substances
-- Growing larger crystals
-- Describing different types of crystals
-- Describing your crystal
-- Student investigation outline
- KWL chart
- Crystals word bank
- Crystals that grow through Cooling Poster
- Crystals that grow through Condensation Poster
- Crystals that grow through Evaporation Poster
- Crystals formed in Geodes Poster
- Crystal caves of Chihuahua pictures and information sheet
- Crystals in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Use all of the resources or some of the unit in part.
Thank you for browsing Science To Teach. I know you'll find this unit fun to teach.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License