This is an exciting and engaging lesson/set of tasks aiming to build students' skills at using varied verbs and adverbs in their writing . It was taught during an observation lesson where the teacher received an Outstanding judgement.
Students learn to:
- Define and give examples of what verbs and adverbs are;
- Identify verbs and adverbs on funny posters and captions;
- Analyse what makes verbs and adverbs effective;
- Create their own verb and adverb filled writing piece;
It comes complete with:
- Engaging and visual PowerPoint to guide students (and teacher!) through the lesson;
- Colourful and thought-provoking worksheet for the main analysis task;
- Lesson plan/ teacher guidance sheet, which goes through the lesson step-by-step;
- Resources to enable the teacher to make 'flags' for the development task.
All pictures are licensed for commercial use, and image authors cited on the final slide.
You can buy this lesson alone or as a part of the Descriptive Writing Big Bundle, for even greater value. Thanks!