Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
This Amazon Prime Bundle of 10 Movie Guides for Corona Virus School Closures could just be the parental relief, or remote learning assignments, you’ve been looking for since COVID19. Each movie guide will engage your students/children and challenge them to grow. Even the most entertaining movies contain nuggets that are overlooked and forgotten unless kids are prompted with thought provoking questions. Print the PDF files and use good old fashioned pencil and paper, or use the digital files and a PDF editor app to input answers.
Each movie guides consists of 10 – 12 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information. See the preview files for each movie guide below to check out high resolution sample questions.
Check the individual products for more details on what each movie guide includes (sample questions, answer keys, CCSS alignment, and Google Forms versions)
(NOTE: The movies that accompany these guides are all currently on Amazon Prime (USA region) as of March 2020, however, you may want to double check as some movies might rotate on the platform from year to year)
★You're In Good Hands★ Although this movie guide doesn't have many ratings yet, please don't be overly concerned as it was posted more recently than my other resources. Please visit MY STORE to see over 3,000 ratings with a perfect ★★★★ average.
Get Free Money with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital Version Tips
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my TPT STORE