"A Dahomey Amazon Queen" is a nonfiction text and lesson plan about Tata Ajache of the ancient Dahomey Kingdom. She was born in West Africa in the 1848. She was kidnapped by the all female warrior regiment called the Dahomey Amazons. Students will learn about the harsh training of an amazon warrior and a woman who pledged her allegiance to the king and became queen. (Text included)
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Main Idea
C. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Graphic Organizer (Main Idea)
- Comprehension Quiz with 4 MC question and 3 Extended Response Question. Answer key included.
- 4 activities to extend the lesson
A. ABC Country Research Chart
B. Create a Bas Relief
C. Cooking Show Video Project
D. Create a 3D Bar Graph
(26 Pages + 34 Slides)
This lesson is also included in my Women's History Unit- African Princesses
Go to Laura Randazzo’s TpT store and download her FREE step by step guide to open a Prezi.