Raise your hand if you love Amber Brown?
Yeah...our hands are raised too!
This guided reading packet was created for use with Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon by Paula Danzinger.
It's thorough, engaging, and loads of fun. Take a look friends!
Oh, by the way...if you really
love Amber Brown, take a look at our guided reading plans for Amber Brown Goes Fourth
Here's what we provide for each chapter:
* An "I Can" statement that gives an overall learning objective that clearly states what each child should be able to do upon completion of the chapter.
* Pre-selected vocabulary words, definitions, example sentences, and a place for your students to practice using these words.
* A mini-lesson that introduces a specific reading skill.
* A reading skill practice example with examples from the story.
Reading Skills Include:
- Context Clues
- Main Idea/Supporting Details
- Analyzing a Character
- Cause and Effect
- Author's Purpose
* Activities that the students complete to practice the reading skill.
* A literacy skill practice assignment that students can complete individually, in pairs or small groups, or with the teacher.
Literacy Skills Include:
- Personal Pronouns
- Possessive Pronouns
* A writing challenge section. These are presented in two formats:
- General writing challenges which invite students to participate with the characters and plot by drawing parallels to their own experiences. (Think: text-to-self, text-to-text, or text-to-world.)
- Figurative language writing challenges which introduce and review onomatopoeia and hyperbole. Students will then complete sentence prompts to practice using these forms of figurative language.
* A vocabulary review that allows students to complete sentences using the appropriate vocabulary word from that chapter.
What else do we provide?
* An 13-question multiple-choice assessment
that prepares students for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests.
* 22 super-cute original clip art illustrations!
* A general review crossword puzzle requiring students to provide the names of various reading/literacy skills and figurative language types introduced throughout the packet.
* A glossary that your students can refer to (to keep their vocab skills sharp).
* Answer Keys.
* Amber Brown Is Not a Crayon book set.
* Your own special Teacher Swag!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome!
By the way,
if you find yourself in need of extra context clue practice, we've got PLENTY. Check these resources out:
* Introduction to Context Clues - FREEBIE
* A Third Grader's Guide to Context Clues
* A Fourth Grader's Guide to Context Clues
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits
to follow 88Brains!
* "How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.