Amelia Bedelia Book Unit and Idioms
Looking for supplemental worksheets to go along with "Amelia Bedelia" the first Amelia Bedelia book by Peggy Parish? This product is perfect for your guided reading groups or for your entire classroom!
Please note, the total number of pages of this Amelia Bedelia product only includes the student pages, not the cover, table of contents, and answer key.
This product includes
• 2 idiom display posters
• a list of 15 common idioms
• 1 idiom practice worksheet
• 1 story map worksheet, story summary worksheet, reading response worksheet
• character description worksheet
• write the definitions of vocabulary words worksheet
• 12 vocabulary cards with or without pictures, with or without definitions (color and black & white)
• 2 vocabulary practice worksheets
• vocabulary word find and crossword puzzle
• 2 end-of-section comprehension worksheets (2 levels: multiple choice & free response)
• 1 writing prompt
• Answer key
There are many ways to use the Amelia Bedelia vocabulary cards. Print the vocabulary cards and vocabulary definitions front-to-back or have the kiddos write in the definitions on the back of each vocabulary word card. I included two kinds of definition cards, one with boxes and one without boxes. I included a version without the boxes since printers/copiers vary. Without the boxes, you don't have to worry about the boxes lining up, if copying front-to-back.
I intentionally left images off the Amelia Bedelia story map, story summary, reading response, and the character description worksheets so that they can be used with any book!
If you like Amelia Bedelia, you might also like:
• The Magic Finger by Roald Dahl Book Unit (GRL: N; 450L; AR: 3.5)