Celebrate Women's History by learning about two important historical figures- Amelia Earhart and Sally Ride!
Activities include 5th grade math skills review (solve problems to reveal important facts about each figure), reading passages, a compare & contrast and character traits writing task!
As a TPT digital activity, you can also add notes & annotations through an interactive layer and assign them to students.
- 2 "What's My Number?" worksheets (with answer keys): There are 6 questions about Amelia Earhart's and Sally Ride's life- the answers are found by solving a math problem.
- T-chart for students to jot down facts they learned from the math worksheets
- 2 reading passages on each woman (includes vocabulary word box)
- Compare and contrast writing task
- Venn Diagram to organize student thinking
- Character Traits writing task
**Supports Common Core Standards**
*Math problems include operations with decimals, the order of operations, powers of 10, whole number multiplication and division, and mixed number addition.
*This document is designed for Grade 5, however can be adapted to 4th grade as a challenge or modified for 6th graders.
Please comment and rate if this product was useful to you or if you have any questions/feedback! :-) I truly appreciate it!
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers and Instagram @creativelymrs.b! :-)
Interested in more? Here is a link to a similar product for Rosa Parks and Ruby Bridges! Enjoy!