If you use the History Television series America, the Story of Us, this is the resource for you. This product is intended for use with episode 4 of the series, entitled "Division." The time period for this episode is just before the Civil War. As the title indicates, the focus is largely on factors that created tension between the North and the South prior to 1860.
This resource is very versatile. You can use all of its components, or select just one or two.
What is included with your purchase?
Each of the following items is included in both .docx and .pdf formats so you can edit them if you would like.
1. Teacher viewing notes, broken into 5 minute intervals, that indicate key topics throughout the episode
2. A list of viewing suggestions
3. A 13 statement anticipation guide with answer key
4. A 23 question content worksheet with answer key
The following items are included in .pdf format and cannot be edited:
1. Student crossword with teacher answer key
2. FREE article about how to make video-viewing more active and engaging
I have also included the original crossword files that you can use in conjunction with Eclipse Crossword (free download from their site) if you want to edit the puzzle.
You might also like:
Powerpoint: The End of the American Civil War
Powerpoint: Creation of the American Constitution
America, The Story of Us Episode 5 "Civil War" Activities