A month's worth of incredible lessons and projects! The America at Work History bundle includes 12 engaging and challenging lessons along with the week long Muckraking Online Newspaper Project to assess your students' mastery of important historical concepts and writing skills. With an emphasis on research and the Common Core, students will investigate the causes, the conditions, and impact of American work from the Industrial Revolution to the New Deal.
The following are included in this amazing bundle:
1. From the Farm to the City: Urbanization in America
2. Was Industrialization Good for America?: The Industrial Revolution and Your Textbook
3. "Lunch Atop A Skyscaper": Evaluating Credible Sources & Researching a Legendary Photo
4. The Rise of Labor Unions: Investigating Workplace Issues
5. Hitting the Public's Stomach: Upton Sinclair, The Jungle, and the FDA.
6. Evaluating Jacob Riis: Questioning the Character of a Famous Muckraker
7. Re-Imagining Tammany Hall: Changing Interpretations of a Notorious City Government
8. Sweating on the Assembly Line: Working at Ford in its Early Days
9. The Open Road: The Impact of the Automobile
10. Arguing with Capone: Supporting or Refuting Capone's Stance on Prohibition
11. Causes of the Great Depression
12. The New Deal & A New Government: Analyzing the Reason for an Expanded Federal Government
13. Buffalo Rides Are Certainly Deadly: Mnemonic Driven Process for Evaluating Source Credibility
14. Muckraking Online Newspaper Project: Summative Assessment
**Answer Keys and Rubrics Included!
If you were to buy these lesson individually it will cost you over $35!