Do you need to update your activities, but don't have the time? Are you looking for "state of the art", innovative, and engaging activities to help your students comprehend the changes to America and the world in the 1950's? Do you want to convert your class into a "21st century" learning environment? This bundle is ONE OF A KIND!
This "America in the 1950's Unit Activity" Bundle has everything you need to teach your students about the key events, people, conflicts, movements, and pieces of legislation that shaped the decade of the 1950's. This bundle includes 9 ACTIVITIES AND ANSWER KEYS that will challenge your students to not only understand the material, but read and draw conclusions from primary source documents and images to fully immerse themselves in history. By the time your students have completed these activities, they will have a great foundation from which they can scaffold learning through American history!
This bundle includes several types of activities that touch multiple pedagogies and learning styles, including:
* Document-based questions
* Close Reading
* Graphic Organizers
* Personal Reflection
* Linear Learning
* Gallery Walks
* Maps (Map Activity does not include answer key)
This bundle covers many topics throughout the decade of the 1950's:
* Post-War America
* The GI Bill and Economic Conversion
* The Election of 1948
* Truman's "Fair Deal"
* The Integration of the U.S. Military
* The Division of Europe
* The Truman Doctrine and the Marshall Plan
* The Berlin Airlift and the Formation of the Warsaw Pact
* The Chinese Civil War
* The Korean War
* The Highway System, Corporate America, the Baby Boom, and the Polio Vaccine
* The Emergence of Rock 'N Roll, TV, and Car Culture
* The Birth of the Civil Rights Movement
* SCLC, SNCC, and the Rise of Martin Luther King, Jr.
* The Montgomery Bus Boycott
* The Nuclear Arms Race and the Space Race
* CIA Involvement in Iran and Guatemala
* The Eisenhower Doctrine and the Suez Crisis
* The Hungarian Revolution
* The U2 Spy Plane Incident
* Brinkmanship and "Mutually Assured Destruction"
Best of all, every one of these activities aligns directly with an objective video lecture from our "Unit 7 - America in the Fifties" video playlist:
America in the Fifties Playlist
For more of our video lectures, check out our "You/Will/Love History" YouTube channel and subscribe for upcoming videos:
You Will Love History on YouTube
If you like the content of our store please head over to our Facebook page to like and follow us for updates on upcoming products and chances at free give aways!
You Will Love History Facebook Page
You can also visit our shop right here on TPT and purchase Activities, Objective Bundles, Unit Bundles, Semester Bundles, and our Course Bundle, all of which align to our video lecture collection on YouTube!
Flip your classroom and the way your students learn history TODAY!