Both basic and advanced crossword puzzle sets to go along with the episode. Each level comes with a word bank option for even more differentiation, along with full solution keys and vocabulary / study lists to help teachers teach and students learn!
America: The Story of US is a History Channel series that uses engaging imagery, powerful special effects, and a lively script to convey the story of the United States in 12 concise yet comprehensive episodes. This teaching packet covers Episode 1: “Rebels,” which tells the story of North American settlement and then details the American colonies' growing conflicts with Great Britain in the decades preceding the Revolutionary War.
ABOUT THIS AMERICA THE STORY OF US CROSSWORD PUZZLE PACKET
This packet provides teachers with both student materials and instructor answer keys, including everything needed to use the puzzles as a review worksheet or quiz covering the target episode of America: The Story of US.
For each included puzzle, you’ll get two answer keys:
• A traditional crossword answer key consisting of a solution grid accompanied by the list of clues students used.
• A vocabulary / study list answer key that can make it easier to go over answers out loud with the class. With the list format, you won’t have to hunt for a term on the grid – you can find it listed right alongside its corresponding clue!
DESIGNED FOR DIFFERENTIATED LEARNING!
I believe in differentiating instruction to best meet student needs. This puzzle packet therefore offers you a lot of different difficulty levels and options.
• To start with, there are two different puzzles, designated A and B. Puzzle A is the “advanced” level, containing a variety of both “need to know” and “nice to know” items from the target episode of America: The Story of US.
• Puzzle B is the “basic” level, consisting of a simplified version of Puzzle A. As such, it focuses mostly on high-priority “need to know” historical information.
• Both the advanced and basic puzzles are differentiated further – each one is provided in both a standard format and a word bank format. The standard format just offers students clues and a grid to fill in, while the word bank format also provides students with an alphabetized list of all the answers. The word bank option can be the best approach for students who need that little extra boost to help them be able to tackle the puzzle review with confidence!
LOOKING FOR A MONEY-SAVING BUNDLE OF AMERICA: A HISTORY OF US WORKSHEETS?
This single-episode packet might be all you need, but if you are going to use multiple episodes of America: The Story of US, then you might want to consider purchasing a money-saving bundle instead!
Worksheets and Tests:
LOOKING FOR MORE SINGLE-EPISODE RESOURCES?
Here are quick links to puzzle packs for individual episodes:
Here are quick links to worksheet & test sets:
Video Activities by Elise Parker