Hundreds of Multiple Choice Questions Covering the Entire Series of America: The Story of US -- all twelve episodes! Includes both a detailed worksheet and a "big picture" final test for each episode. Flexible and differentiated!
America: The Story of US is a History Channel series that uses engaging imagery, powerful special effects, and a lively script to convey the story of the United States in 12 concise yet comprehensive episodes. This America: The Story of US worksheets and tests packet
covers all twelve episode of the series, providing you with both a worksheet *and* a separate test for each and every one of the episodes in the entire series!
There America: The Story of US Worksheets
cover the story of the United States from the English settlers all the way through to the to the new millennium:
• Episode 1 -- Rebels
• Episode 2 -- Revolution
• Episode 3 -- Westward
• Episode 4 -- Division
• Episode 5 -- Civil War
• Episode 6 -- Heartland
• Episode 7 -- Cities
• Episode 8 -- Boom
• Episode 9 -- Bust
• Episode 10 -- World War II
• Episode 11 -- Rise of a Superpower
• Episode 12 -- Millennium
Teaching Ideas for these America: The Story of US Worksheets
Using any of the series’ episodes in class opens up several useful possibilities. They are so well presented that they are easily understood by students. This in turn means that episodes can actually be used as an introduction to a topic or a unit. On the other hand, they also make excellent reinforcers, so some teachers will want to show the episodes after the end of a chapter or unit for use as a review or recap.
ABOUT THIS TEACHING PACKET
I’ve kept this episode versatility in mind when making these materials. This teaching resource contains both a worksheet and a test on each episode it covers. These two components are based on different approaches to the video:
• Each student viewing worksheet contains about 50 multiple choice questions, all presented in video order. These questions are fairly detailed. Certainly, many students will have good enough recall to be able to complete the worksheet after the episode has been shown, but because of the detailed nature of the questions, some teachers may want to use the worksheet as a “during-viewing” activity that will help students track information and stay on task
• Each 10-question test, on the other hand, is designed to help students synthesize an episode’s information and see larger patterns that span different sections of it. My intent when writing the test was to focus solely on the “big issues” that arise from the targeted time-span of American history. Students who have paid attention to the video should definitely have mastered these basic, fundamental issues from the targeted time period. All test questions are also multiple choice.
• Two answer keys are provided for all questions. One is designed for fast grading. The other one provides the full context of question and answer to help teachers review material out loud or facilitate class discussions of the material.
DIFFERENTIATED INSTRUCTION POSSIBILITIES
Because the worksheets and tests take these different approaches, teachers can also use them to differentiate instruction. Since the test is much shorter and covers much simpler information, it can serve as a “basic” level viewing worksheet should teachers desire. The regular worksheet, in contrast, can double as an “advanced” viewing activity.
BUNDLES SAVE YOU BOTH TIME AND MONEY
Purchased separately, the twelve different worksheet & test packets contained in this bundle would cost you more than $30. By downloading them in a bundle, however, you will get all twelve for less than half that amount! The total cost when downloading this bundle, in fact, only a bit more than a dollar per episode -- the best deal around on such comprehensive, high-quality America: The Story of US teaching materials!
LOOKING FOR TEACHING MATERIALS FOR JUST THE FIRST HALF OF THE SERIES?
Here is a bundle of America the Story of US Worksheets for Episodes 1-6, covering from the English Settlers to the Transcontinental Railroad:
America the Story of US Quizzes and Worksheets for Episodes 1-6
LOOKING FOR TEACHING MATERIALS FOR JUST THE SECOND HALF OF THE SERIES?
Here is a bundle of America the Story of US Worksheets for Episodes 7-12, covering from steel and skyscrapers through the new millennium:
America the Story of US Quizzes and Worksheets for Episodes 7-12
LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUAL EPISODE PACKETS OF AMERICA: A HISTORY OF US WORKSHEETS?
This 12-episode bundle is by far the most economical choice, but if all you really need is just one or two America: The Story of US worksheets, then you might prefer the following files instead. You can also use the links below to get more information about the individual episodes contained in this entire series money-saving bundle.
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 1: Rebels
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 2: Revolution
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 3: Westward!
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 4: Division
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 5: Civil War
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 6: Heartland
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 7: Cities
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 8: Boom
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 9: Bust
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 10: World War II
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 11: Rise of a Superpower
America: The Story of US Worksheet -- Episode 12: Millennium
LOOKING FOR ANOTHER ANGLE FOR TEACHING WITH THIS VIDEO SERIES?
WHAT ABOUT AMERICA: THE STORY OF US CROSSWORD PUZZLE WORKSHEETS?
Here are quick links to puzzles designed to go with individual episodes:
America: The Story of US Puzzle Pack for Episode 1: Rebels
America: The Story of US Puzzle Pack for Episode 2: Revolution
America: The Story of US Puzzle Pack for Episode 3: Westward!
America: The Story of US Puzzle Pack for Episode 4: Division
Whatever configuration you decide is best for you, I wish you a great year in your social studies classes and very happy teaching!
Video Activities by Elise Parker