If you use the History Television series America, the Story of Us, this is the resource for you. This product is intended for use with episode 6 of the series, entitled "Heartland."
Episode Synopsis: "The Transcontinental Railroad unites the nation and transforms the Heartland. Native American civilizations decline as farmers settle the continent. Cattle replace wild buffalo as king of the plains, and the cowboy becomes a new American icon."
This resource is very versatile. You can use all of its components, or select just one or two.
What is included with your purchase?
Each of the following items is included in both .docx and .pdf formats so you can edit them if you would like.
1. Teacher viewing notes, broken into 5 minute intervals, that indicate key topics throughout the episode (note pdf only)
2. A sample lesson sequence that includes all of the worksheets in the package.
3. A 10 statement anticipation guide with answer key
4. A 38 question content worksheet with answer key
The following items are included in .pdf format. If you would like to edit either of them, you will have to download Eclipse Crossword software (free from their site):
1. Student crossword including 13 terms and clues
2. Teacher answer key for crossword
Check out what others have said about my resource packages for this series:
“A thorough and complete film review package. Helped me in a pinch - thanks!”
“Another great product from you, thank you for having this video series activities down for me!”
“Really enjoyed being able to use this documentary with valuable, thought-provoking questions. Thank you!”
“Great resource that has lots of different options. Thanks for developing and sharing.”
You might also like:
The Busy Teacher Exercise Solution: Anytime, Anywhere (ATAW)
Mankind, the Story of All of Us: Inventors Printable Worksheets
America: The Story of Us DVD Resource Bundle (Episodes 1-3)