From Electric English...
This is a short comprehensive unit on the early beginnings of American history. From a literary perspective, it is still important to understand how historical context lends itself to meaning and analysis of written work, both fiction and non-fiction. This mini-unit will be one week's work for the students, but it will be a jammed pack week of fun and interesting ideas for the students to engage in with you and with their fellow peers. This packet includes the following:
- Detailed lesson plans for each day of the week
- Powerpoint on American Beginnings
- Powerpoint on Essential Journal Questions
- Powerpoint on The Fable
- An exercise on Native American fables and myths
- A Vocabulary Unit w/ Template
- Writing Assignment: The Fable
- Homework: Research Choice for Writing Assignment
- Peer Editing: The Fable
- Rubric: The Fable
I, sincerely, hope that all of you great teachers out there are willing to give these lessons and units a try. I know from first hand experience that they work remarkably well, and the students become actively involved and engaged in what you are teaching them...
Take this material and run with it!! If you have any questions or observations at all, please feel free to contact me :)