American Civil War COMPLETE Unit: Causes of the Civil War, Battles & Results
- Easel Activity
- Easel Assessment
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Social Studies for the Year! Make teaching American History with these engaging activities fun and done! This MEGA bundle has passages and activities about Native Americans, Early Explorers, 13 Colonies, the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, Westward Expansion, the War of 1812, and more! It includesPrice $79.20Original Price $174.00Save $94.80
- This MEGA Bundle includes 10 of my BEST SELLING Social Studies Units for the entire year! These units are geared toward 4th-grade students to help teachers meet the Georgia Standards of Excellence.What's Inside:1. American Revolutionary War2. The Writing of the Constitution3. Three Branches ofPrice $53.76Original Price $96.00Save $42.24
- This American Civil War Bundle has it all! A Digital Version for Google Classroom is included in this bundle. This unit has 22 leveled reading passages, organizers, comprehension & connection activities, vocabulary posters, unit test, important people & a flipbook! What's Inside:Civil War AcPrice $19.60Original Price $35.50Save $15.90
- This American History Bundle has it all: American Revolutionary War, 13 Colonies, US Constitution, 3 Branches of Government, War of 1812, Westward Expansion, American Civil War, American Symbols, and so much more! This huge bundle includes BOTH activity packs (PDFs) and PowerPoints. ****************Price $127.12Original Price $227.00Save $99.88
Make history come to life in your classroom with our Civil War Activities Complete Unit! Immerse your students into the American Civil War with this comprehensive collection of interactive activities, leveled reading passages, comprehension questions, and vocabulary posters. Step back in time as you teach your students about the events and people that were part of this crucial moment in history.
A DIGITAL version of this unit for Google Classroom is available.
With information about:
- Slavery in America
- A Divided Nation
- Seceding the Union
- Lincoln is Elected
- Underground Railroad
- Fort Sumter
- Battle of Ironclads
- Battle of Antietam
- Battle of Gettysburg
- Sherman's March to the Sea
- A Union Soldier's Life
- A Confederate Soldier's Life
- Surrender at Appomattox
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Keeping the Union Together
- Reconstruction of the Nation
- 13th, 14th, 15th Amendments
- Videos shared on YouTube
With character studies on five important people:
✔President Abraham Lincoln
✔General Robert E. Lee
✔General Ulysses S. Grant
There are lots of interactive activities to reinforce learning:
- Character Mini-booklets
- Fact Flaps Activity
- Graphic Organizers with comprehension questions
- Civil War Flip Book
- Vocabulary Posters (6)
- Vocabulary Flip Flaps
- Spotlight on Vocabulary
- Hidden Word Sort--Compare & Contrast Activity
- Study Guide--Doodle Notes
- Timeline Activity
- Bulletin Board Kit
- Teachers Pacing Guide
- Video Links
- Unit Test
- Answer Keys
Be sure to check out the PREVIEW for more information.
Read about the causes of the Civil War, answer comprehension questions, and complete the organizers. The organizers work well for group work.
Set up a learning station for each of the five historical figures. In a folder at each station include the case studies on each historical figure and mini-booklets with a timeline. Students can complete the Character Mini-Booklets by writing three facts about that person and then putting the timeline dates in the correct order, coloring, cutting, and then pasting them inside their notebooks.
Read about the main events and battles highlighted and complete the custom-created graphic organizers. Students may need additional resources to answer all the questions on the organizer pages.
Introduce or review the vocabulary words with the real-life photo posters included. You could post these posters around the classroom and have students travel around to match up and define the words in their flip flaps or use them as a center activity. These posters make an attractive bulletin board display in a snap.
Read about the results of the Civil War. Bring the students together for class discussions to check for understanding and further their critical thinking skills after each lesson. Have students complete the 5-page Flipbook. They can build it page by page or use it for homework.
At the end of the unit, have students take the Unit Test to check for understanding and evaluate their learning.
CHECK OUT MY OTHER POPULAR SOCIAL STUDIES UNITS:
JUST FOR YOU!! To assess the quality and see the style of my work please check out these two FREE activity packs by clicking below:
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER to gain access to our FREE Library of Classroom Resources, special giveaways, and to see our products in action!
Please know that I spend a lot of time researching, creating, writing, and proofreading my work but even after several revisions there may still be a typo or grammatical error. Please let me know if you find a typo or feel that a correction is needed. Just click on the Ask a Question section or email me at email@example.com instead of leaving negative feedback so that I can fix it as soon as possible. I value your input to make my products the highest quality possible. Thank you in advance for your help and support!
Copyright © Heart 2 Heart Teaching LLC. All rights reserved. This file is intended for classroom and personal use only. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
**You may print this packet for your personal, classroom use, and non-commercial use only.
**Website, blog, or online posting or publishing of this product is prohibited.
**Photos may be used in your classroom as presented in this product as posters, bulletin board displays, informational articles, and as visual aids for student learning only.
**Clipart, graphics, photographs, found inside this product are copyrighted. They may not be extracted from this file without written permission from the original artist(s).