American Colonies: Colonial America Homes Station Activity
is a fun activity for learning about the houses of the American Colonies. Students read informational texts on types of housing in Colonial America including wattle and daub, plantations and more. Students select an American Colonies type of house to build or design. This activity is rounded out with a reflective journal entry related to life in the American Colonies. We learn more through experience, and this activity provides students the opportunity to explore in a visual and kinesthetic way life in the American Colonies.
Use in activity stations, for whole class activities, or to differentiate with students. This is the 5th of 5 station activities for life in Colonial America. Provide these along with other Colonial America
activities to engage students’ different interests and learning styles.
as part of one of these 2 money saving bundles:
- Colonial America Station Activity Bundle
- Colonial America Ultimate Bundle: Activities, projects, timelines
Other American Colonies resources include:
- Colonial America: Housing in the colonies
- Colonial America: The tradesmen
- Colonial America: Food in the colonies
- Colonial America: Religious groups in the colonies
- Colonial America: Create a pop-up Colonial Town
- Colonial America: Interactive Notebook Timeline Activity
- Colonial America: Student-Centered Unit Project
- Colonial America: Illustrated Timeline
- American Colonies: Interactive Notebook Graphic Organizers (NEW)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at firstname.lastname@example.org. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog. Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.