This set of Colonial America activities engages students in the trades of Colonial America. Students read informational texts on the cobbler, chandler, apothecary and more tradesmen from Colonial America. Students engage in one or more of three trades activities. There are options for activities dependent on the facilities available to you. The activity is rounded out with a reflective journal entry to think about life in Colonial America. We learn more through experience, and this activity provides students the opportunity to explore in a visual and kinesthetic way Colonial America.
See how I use station activities on the blog
Use in activity stations, for whole class activities, or to differentiate with students. This is the 4th of 5 station activities for life in Colonial America. Provide these along with other Colonial America
activities to engage students’ different interests and learning styles.
Ways to save (this product included in each of these bundles):
- For Interactive Notebooks: American Colonies Notebook Pages plus Timeline
- All about the American Colonies: Colonial America Ultimate Bundle: Activities, projects, timelines
Colonial America Ultimate Bundle: Activities, projects, notebook pages, timelines
- Go big for Early U.S. History U.S. History Full Year:Early America to Civil War Resource Bundle (MY LIBRARY)
(includes my entire upper elementary and middle school US history library from early America through the U.S. Civil War.)
Other American Colonies Resources include:
- Colonial America: Housing in the colonies
- Colonial America: The tradesmen
- Colonial America: Food in the colonies
- Colonial America: Religious groups in the colonies
- Colonial America: Create a pop-up Colonial Town
- Colonial America: Interactive Notebook Timeline Activity
- Colonial America: Student-Centered Unit Project
- Colonial America: Illustrated Timeline
- American Colonies: Interactive Notebook Graphic Organizers (NEW)
This purchase is for one teacher only.
This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page
to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog. Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies).
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.